Monday, July 28, 2008

3 new Layouts and all quite different

WooHoo! Finally, I have gotten some scrapping done. My SIL is here from North Carolina so the girls are quite busy with here which allows me a little time to play.

Chrissy W emailed me a new template to play with as well as a new product in her store. Her new item is called Paper Cutter Strips and you can grab them at Elemental Scraps. They are really cool to play with. I always had trouble working with them when I scrapped the traditional way but I am loving the digital results. Here's my layout. I used a kit from Digital Scrapper to create my LO.



My next LO was done using a new template by Chrissy W. If you keep your eyes open to her blog she is likely to be posting a new challenge soon and I have a sneaking suspicion that this template may be part of it. Here's my take on the LO using the new Mango Tango kit from Sunshine Studios. I also tried my hand at doing an extraction but I am not convinced that I like the results. Maybe I will leave those to the pros from now on.



And last but definetly not least (seeing as I like this layout the best) was a challenge that I posed to myself. I always love the look of layouts with tons and tons of layers and stuff on them but I always struggle making them not look cluttered. For this layout I just kept adding more and more things to it and in the end I couldn't be happier. I think the key to these layouts is using a very simple neutral background paper. The kits I used for this layout was Kim Hill's Pink Sherbet and Holliewood Studios kit called Life is sweet.

1 comment: